Thursday, July 19, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Welcome back to another Throwback Thursday
In light of his latest album that just recently dropped, today's Throwback Thursday comes from Nasir Jones. This man has brought more to the world of hip-hop than one blog can say. His lyrical content and story telling cannot be matched and he is hands down one of the best rappers to ever bless a mic.

Since Nasir is one of the best story tellers with his very vivid details and the way he makes the words come to life in his songs, I'd figure I bless y'all with some of my favorite Nas stories. Let's start with "Undying Love" this is one of my all-time favorite Nas tracks for several reasons. This song is the last song on "I Am" and it was a great close to an ok album. The details on this song are amazing from the opening bars where he gives you the setting to when he mentioned the size 12 Tim's and the smell of incense. The details Nas gives makes you feel like you were actually there to witness what he was talking about.

The second song "Black Girl Lost" is a classic and if this is your first time ever listening to this song you have been cheating yourself. Nas has been trying to school the youth for years and I feel like my generation has gained knowledge but the ones after haven't. I picked this song not only because its a classic but also because Nas has released a song titled "Daughters" on his latest LP "Life Is Good." In order to understand and relate to Nas' message and reasoning for writting "Daughters" you must be a fan of "Black Girl Lost."

So enjoy Throwback Thursday

Nas "Undying Love"
Nas "Black Girl Lost" 
"Nas been trying to tell us about these bitches for years" - @DaReal_McCoy
Follow the team @E_TRELL @gritscapone @I_WhiteMike and myself @Rell_Mac
Written by Rell Mac (@Rell_Mac)

No comments:

Post a Comment