Tuesday, June 26, 2012

#SubLife

Hey before you wipe your chicken grease and hot sauce stained fingers across that touch screen wash your hands first. Have some respect for my blog!

As you were… Well ladies and gents I want to talk to ya’ll about something today. I know you have all heard about this supposed brawl in a NYC nightclub with Drake and entourage including, Meek “I can’t pronounce Audemars” Mill vs Chris Brown. The fight resulted in a multitude of injuries including a cut on Brown’s chin, Tony Parker’s bitch ass eye that he is now suing to get $20 million for; various patron injuries included lacerations, head wounds, etc. Pretty much, the worst thing to happen to the club scene in NY since Shyne Po in ’99. Due to the ruckus and previous violations that club is now closed. 

Chris Brown's bodyguard 

Now if ya’ll don’t know what the fight was about I’ll tell you. While many believe it is about or over Rihanna I will tell you that you’re wrong my friend. While the Caribbean beauty’s voodoo snatch might be the catalyst for this ground turkey substitution of beef at the end of the day this is more about the destruction of the fragile male ego. At the root of all of this I have noticed that most of the parties involved in this fuckstorm of a love quadrangle have chosen to express themselves by going the route preferred by the 20 something crowd of today: The Subliminal.

Now subliminals are nothing new.  But it has never been used so feverishly by the masses until now. I equate it to of today’s men and women never really learning how to control their emotions, being scared of being wrong, having a forum where they “think” people give a fuck (Twitter) and overall belonging to a culture that has been greatly pussified over the past 5 years. To come back to the brawl it is evident that it is the hurt egos of both Drake and Chris Brown over/about not being Rihanna’s only one that led to the altercation. You can see it in the language of their music over the past year. Earlier this year fans of Rihanna and Chris Brown were shocked and elated to know that they would be on remixes to each other’s songs most notably RiRi’s “Cake” remix where Brown proclaims,

“Girl I wanna fuck you right now (right now)
Been a long time, I’ve been missing your body
Let me-let me turn the lights down
When I go down, it’s a private party” –Chris Brown

Oh really? The friendship was then thought to be rekindled by following each other again on Twitter, and associating at nightclubs. But in May Brown dropped his “Theraflu”freestyle where he rapped, 

“Don’t fuck with my old bitch, it’s like a bad fur. Every industry nigga done had her”-Chris Brown

Wait. What? Umm Remix. 

Damn bro #WhoHurtYou? Then we have Drake who had earlier committed himself to being the rebound guy to Rihanna. He was on her top heavily for a year like that annoying nigga at the bar who buys a broad a drink and wants to talk about her ex more than she does. You know Joe “I Wanna Know” is in his Itunes. He did two songs/videos with Rihanna “What’s My Name” and most recently “Take Care”, a thinly veiled confession of love to her. In the song he states, 

I've asked about you and they've told me things but my mind didn't change I still the feel the same. What's a life with no fun, please don't be so ashamed. I've had mine, you've had yours we both know, we know”-Drake

Now what he is saying is that he’s heard negative things about Rihanna, doesn’t give a fuck, still loves her, and understands because we’re all young, make mistakes and are just living life.
Drake even says “Dealing with a heart that I didn’t break” meaning it is hard to be with her because she is holding on to baggage from the relationship with Brown.  Even insinuating that it was Brown who broke her heart.

Drake has gone on record to say that Rihanna is the first industry chick who broke his heart…which basically means played the shit out of him in real nigga vernacular. But a hit dog is going to holler and when niggas get played, egos get crushed, and feelings will be hurt. Check out the 2 Chainz “No Lie” record for proof.

Oh that look like what’s her name
Chances are it is what’s her name
Chances are, if she was acting up
Then I fucked her once and never fucked again
She could have a Grammy, I still treat that ass like a nominee
Just need to know what that pussy like so one time it’s fine with me

Swag and Ouch #AtTheSameDamnTime (definitely a top 10 verse of 2012)

Obviously Drake is feeling some type of way about a certain Grammy winning singer that he will now treat like shit because she was “acting up”*coughs* giving the pussy away to other niggas *coughs*
Meek Mill is the most level headed in this situation but even he doesn’t shy away from subtweeting 
to where Chris responds
Even Rihanna and Drake get into the act. 

With so many emotions and egos involved how could this not get violent. But how many of us have went to social media to subliminally talk shit about an ex, a person our ex is involved with, etc. How many niggas have gotten shot in the club or on the street over somebody’s baby mama? Don’t act like you don’t see it.

Look Im not saying who’s right or wrong but when it comes down to it the hometown kid said it best,
“Instead of worrying bout who that bitch fucking why don't you get you some money”?-Wiz Khalifa

That’s what I’ll do. 

Follow the team myself @gritscapone, @I_WhiteMike, @E_TRELL and @Rell_Mac

Written by Grit$ (@gritscapone)

No comments:

Post a Comment