Monday, August 27, 2012

MMG-Unit

Yea I know yall mad because we didn't drop any blogs last week, but hey we were working on making major moves and doing other real nigga activities. @I_WhiteMike and @gritscapone were working on their set for the "Laughs and Lyrics" event (which was fucking dope if you ask me) I was preparing questions for some of the artist that were there and @E_TRELL was somewhere sippin on some brown liquor entertaining lightskin heauxs. Point is niggas was busy b! 

Now to this blog 

MMG-Unit 

"Rell what the fuck does this mean?" Give me a second to explain you dirty lil niggas! 

If you know me then you know I care about music a lot. It's my first love and I love to debate, discuss, and share my opinion on it. I was sitting back one day and started to zone out on how I can compare MMG now to G-Unit in the early 2000's. Comparing the two on their buzz, some of the artist characteristics, and how I personally feel MMG's buzz will eventually decline like how G-Unit's did. 
My first comparison is the impact the two groups have. In early 2002-2003 G-Unit was everywhere. They were on every Clue tape, all over BET and the radio, they pretty much ran hip-hop. Can we all agree? Ok, now fast forward to the present day MMG is in the same exact spot. Dropping mixtapes crazy, all over BET and the radio, and on everyone's remix. They have the power in hip-hop that G-Unit once had at one point. 

The number of people in the group is another comparison. The original G-Unit started out with 50, Banks, and Yayo, now MMG has more than three members but lets be real here the only member the general public know and care about is Ross, Meek, and Whale (damn I meant Wale). If we were to compare an artist in each group to another it would go a little like this. 

Ross = 50: The leader, the breadwinner of the team, and the one that calls the shots.
Meek = Banks: The young, hungry, lyrical gunner that is better than his group leader (50 and Ross) with words but needs him to prosper as an artist.
Wale = Yayo: Boring! Enough said!

Another good 50/Ross comparison in my opinion is this. 50's first album "GRODT" was classic hands down. Very dope album and it shed light on the young artist. His following album "The Massacre" ok album not as good as the first but it was ok. 50's third album "Curtis" was pure uncut struggle and you know the rest of the story. His music career has been ice cold since. 

Now let's look at Ross, the album that put him in the top elite class was "Deeper Than Rap" solid album, his following album "Teflon Don" ok as well. This last album "God Forgives, I Dont" leaning towards the struggling end if you ask me. Ross was once that dude that touched any song and turned it into some dope shit "BMF" hottest song of the muthafucking summer at the time, same when 50 dropped "Wanksta." Ross is losing his Space Jam juice just like how 50 did, why do you think "God Forgives, I Dont" got pushed back damn near a year?

They both had artist that they kicked out the group Game and Young Buck with G-Unit and Pill with MMG. It's only a matter of time before Maybach O gets his pink slip. 

My questions is if MMG does fall off like how G-Unit did are the members going to continue to stay loyal? Banks and Yayo are always by 50's side win, lose, or draw. Do you think Meek and Wale will still rep the camp if they get ice cold?

Share your thoughts 

Follow the team @I_WhiteMike @gritscapone @E_TRELL and myself @Rell_Mac

Written by Rell Mac (@Rell_Mac)








No comments:

Post a Comment