Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer 2012 Recap

Well homies and heauxs the summer is officially over. Yeah I know the calendar says September 20th but you niggas don't even know how to read calendars so save it.

Once that last week of August hits it's time hang up those "After work" cargos and for ladies to thoroughly hand wash the crotch of those high waisted shorts.

To be quite honest ladies and gents this summer was lame...as fuck. Maybe because society was tryna keep a real nigga in the depths of poverty or maybe because nothing excited me.

You dirty niggas loved water this summer. So many pool parties for a race of people who can't swim just didn't make sense to me. I understand tho. Niggas was def tired of getting shot in the club. Theres no punchline there.

There were "different" events in the 'Burgh this summer but everybody was so worried about "what's the move for tonight", "where the hoes at", and "Is my " him" gonna be there" nobody cared to notice them.

We had Love and Hip Hop ATL to hold us down for ratchet comedy, they sadly related to the lives many of us live and the Olympics made us proud to be American even tho most of us won't vote. Only cuz we'll either be getting high, getting our hair done, or Instagramming a struggle meal of dry ass chicken breast and white rice with no vegetables.

Newly crowned "Sneakerheads" gave up all dignity sleeping in lines for shoes that Nike makes for .50 cents only to sell to you for 175 dollars. Keep supporting tho cuz Michael Jordan loves you.

If it sounds like Im being cynical and sarcastic it's because I am. Other than the few choice moments me and my people had this summer I was dissapointed.

Dissapointed in the lack of opportunity, creativity, and overall acceptance of mediocrity Pittsburgh has become accustomed to.

I just keep asking myself

"Don't you get tired of this shit"?

All the RIP's, RWG's, screenshots, subtweets, and petty beefs has gotten old.

Now you might say Grits take ya fake righteous preachin ass somewhere with that...You think you better than us?

You're wrong I know I'm better and that's why Im leaving. Seriously tho. I love Pittsburgh, I love my people, I even love our ratchet energy. Theres nothing like it.

However, if you feel that you're better than what you see on a daily basis, go out there in the world and be great. Don't let Pittsburgh capture your soul and let you believe that Carson Street , Trappers Chicken, and a connect at Sneaker Villa is the end all be all to life.

Just keep reading our blogs, attending our performances, buy our "Heaux Love Wine" shirts and strive for greatness

Follow my brothers @Rell_Mac, @I_WhiteMike, and @E_Trell.

Im out this bitch like a Magee Hospital baby.


Written by Grit$ (@gritscapone)

No comments:

Post a Comment