Monday, October 1, 2012

B.A.D Music

Let me start this blog off by saying sorry for not dropping anything last week, we (the whole blog team) were working on some other important things for the future.

This blog is going to be a quick review of my thoughts on the G.O.O.D Music album or should I say the B.A.D (Bullshit Ass Disc) Music album.
I had very high hopes for this album, I just knew it was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately with only 12 tracks on the entire album, I should have known it would suck but I still gave it a listen. 

A few songs leaked weeks prior to it releasing and that may have ruined the surprise and shock value of a few songs. Like I stated above there were only 12 tracks on the album and when 5 of the 12 leak its hard to judge the entire album as a whole. The first song which was the single "Mercy", following that "I Don't Like (Remix)", then "New GOD Flow", and lastly "Clique." The fifth song was "Cold" which dropped early this year and had no business being on the album. Now mind you all the songs stated above all have a Kanye West verse and "Cold" is a Kanye West solo. 

Last time I checked this was suppose to be a compilation album and Ye is on the first 6 songs (2 of which are solo's). I totally understand he's the established artist and needs to feature on songs in order to generate interest from the general public but this is also the time and opportunity to showcase your investment (the artist). Solo songs from Pusha T, CyHi The Prnce, and Teyana Taylor were needed to on this album to help brand their names and create a true fan base for these new solo artist. Also might I add Q-Tip wasn't even on the album....

*CyHi The Prince may have the best verse on the entire album tho*

Overall the album is ok, nothing like I expected I would give it a 6.5-7 out of 10. I thought this would be the album of the year but Nasir Jones still holds that title as of now. Maybe "Cruel Winter" will be better, thanks to Q-Tip it's rumored that the album will be dropping this upcoming winter. 

Also with this blog about the G.O.O.D Music album, today marks the 1st day of #StackTober. #StackTober is in memory of Stack Bundles who's birthday is Oct 21st. 

So enjoy the first day of #StackTober and I'll leave you with a dope Stack Bundles song. 

Follow the whole First Class Blogs team: myself @Rell_Mac (the music critic) @E_TRELL, (the cool fashion guy) @I_WhiteMike (the comedian) and @gritscapone (the political poet). 

Stack Bundles "Icon" 



Written by Rell Mac (@Rell_Mac)

No comments:

Post a Comment