Monday, January 7, 2013

Excuse my French

Welcome back to First Class Blogs and I know we're a few days late but from the First Class Blogs staff we like to wish everyone a Happy New Year
Now back to the blog.....
Just recently French Montana gave an official release date for his debut album "Excuse My French" but to be completely honest I'm not sure how I feel about this. French Montana has been on the scene for a while now from his DVD days running around NYC getting footage of all the underground and mainstream artist to his beef with Dip Set and Jim Jones. Following that, his run with Max B that ended shortly after Max had to turn his self in for a robbery/homicide charges, French has been around for a good while now.

About a month ago Montana announced that his album was dropping March 12th of this year and I had mixed emotions about this. First I was happy because he finally got a date for his album and gets another opportunity to feed his family and sell some records. Then "Rell Mac the critic" kicked in and said but wait how can we get an album from an artist we never heard a solo song from. I have yet to hear French Montana release a single of his without a feature. It seems like he makes music with the same bunch, Birdman, Wayne, Khaled, Ross, 2 Chainz, and Drake. Now do not get me wrong I love French's verse on "Mula" with Big Sean when I'm in my car shit makes me wanna drive fast and ignore all speed limit signs and "Pop That" was probably thee hottest song of 2012 but that's just one song and one verse we're talking a whole album people. 
We've all recently seen what happened with Meek Mill and his album. He was suppose to have the hottest album of 2012 but what happened. His album sounded like a 62 minute song, same flow, concept, and delivery throughout the entire album. If French doesn't expand his concepts and features to people like Alicia Keys, Kendrick Lamar, T.I, Anthony Hamilton, Bun B and others he never done a song with he'll be in the same boat as Meek. We all heard "Mac and Cheese 1-43" now its time for French to grow as an artist and step away from Ross and Wayne and create his own energy. 

This album can either make French a more popular name in hip-hop where he can continue to make show money or it can ruin his core fan base and have him getting called out by rappers we totally forgot about like how Cassidy called out Meek. Like I stated about he had beef with Dip Set and Jim Jones and Hell Rell are waiting for this album to flop so they can easily step back in and get some attention.

Side note: If "Excuse My French" doesn't sell we all know 50 is going to try to destroy him with those first week numbers. This will be 50's reasoning to slander French again and promote his next album. Pay attention. 

Follow the whole First Class Blogs squad that's myself @Rell_Mac @DeeperThanGrits @I_WhiteMike @E_TRELL and our guest blogger @KillaKia

Written by Rell Mac (@Rell_Mac)  



No comments:

Post a Comment